Key results from the regular RDM Programme Progress Reports presented to both RDM Steering Committee and Action Group. Full RDM progress Reports can be viewed on the RDM programme Wiki (University of Edinburgh only).
- Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) for the RDM programme was completed and published on the Estates and Buildings website (see: http://www.docs.csg.ed.ac.uk/EqualityDiversity/EIA/Research_Data_Management_Programme_%28RDM%29_%28IS%29.pdf)
- Stuart Macdonald and co-author Rory Macneil (RSpace) had a paper (Service integraiton to Enhance RDM: Electronic laboratory Notebook Case Study) accepted for presentation at the International Conference on Digital Curation (London, Feb. 2015).
- Work has commenced to update deadlines and deliverables in the RDM Project Plan.
- Successful meeting held with the Software Sustainability Institute to discuss software preservation used/generated in the research process resulting in a number of areas of investigation (see: http://datablog.is.ed.ac.uk/2014/12/
- FOSTER EU proposal funded for a training event based on MANTRA to be given to the Scottish Social Science Graduate Summer School programme.
- All items in Datashare now have DataCite DOIs.
- Data Library have established a new online statistical analysis and visualisation service (SDA) which can provide an add-on service for DataShare.
- 39 RDM Training courses scheduled for Jan-June 2015. Training materials for two new courses is also being prepared.
- All data from College File servers complete with all data expected to have been migrated to Datastore by end of January 2015.
- Positive review and report received on the DataStore Infrastructure by external consultant.
Edinburgh DMP template revised based on Action group Feedback.
- Visitors from Germany (Goettingen, November), Switzerland (Ecole Polytechnique Federal de Lausanne, December), and France (Sciences Po, December) met with IS colleagues to learn more about the RDM programme.
- “Research Data MANTRA: A Labour of Love” (by Robin Rice) was published to Journal of eScience Librarianship following invitation and a peer review process: http://escholarship.umassmed.edu/jeslib/vol3/iss1/4
- Two submissions to the Jisc Digital Festival event in March (RDM Training with MANTRA & RDM Programme @ Univ. of Edinburgh) have been accepted.
RDM Service Coordinator